Corpus Christy Province Dimapur
The Congregation of the Sisters of the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, planted as a mustard seed in the year 1908, spouted and spread forth its branches and took its roots in the different dioceses of Kerala, made a leap in the year 1965 to the North East. It was indeed a challenging step taken by the Christu Raja Province Pala, as it opened its first house outside Kerala in Hundung in the state of Manipur at the invitation of Rt.Rev. Hubert Rosario the then Bishop of Dibrugarh.
In the mean time, the second house was opened at Tuensang, Nagaland in 1967 in response to the invitation of Minister Akum Imlong, through the instrumentality of Rev.Fr.Mathew Uzunnalil SDB. The formation of the candidates began in North East in 1981. On 29th Jan, 1986, the North East mission was raised to the status of a Region and was named as the Corpus Christi Region.Rev. Mother Rose Tresa was appointed as the Regional Superior. This day has witnessed the Vestition and profession of the first batch of Novices at Holy Cross Parish, Dimapur.
At present, Corpus Christi Province has 24 houses in seven dioceses. There are 99 senior sisters and 10 junior sisters out of which are local sisters belonging to North East, involved in different Apostolic activities like education, healing ministry , evangelization and family apostolate in different parishes.
Provincial Superior : Mother Sibia [Administration and Formation]
Vicar Provincial : Sr. Catherine Elavunkal [Ongoing formation, Renewal programmes & General planning]
2nd Councillor : Sr. Ranit Vellilamthadam [Education, Communication media & Founder’s Course]
3rd Councillor : Sr. Mary Augustine [Eucharistic Apostolate, Faith formation& Vocation promotion]
4th Councillor : Sr. Rose Kannackal [Healing ministry, Social Apostolate, Mission & Evangelization]
Finance Officer : Sr. Rose Mary Kochutharayil [Agriculture & Construction]
Secretary : Sr. Joyce Thekkumkattil